Employee Benefits Specialist
Company: Conner Strong & Buckelew
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Department: Employee BenefitsJob Summary: As a key member of the
service team, the Employee Benefit Specialist isresponsible for
assisting in servicing a book of business. This position is
involved in pro-activeclient management via assistance in the
preparation of client presentations, managing datacollection for
renewals and the RFP process, leading vendor implementations,
developing openenrollment communications and resolving elevated
claim issues. This position is an importantpoint of contact for the
day-to-day servicing of clients and is expected to respond to and
resolveclient requests on a wide variety of benefit topics with
limited assistance from theAssociate/Senior Associate Consultant.
This role is also responsible for managing the internalprocesses
and procedures involved with client record retention.Principal
- Work directly with clients and consulting team to provide
- Maintain Image Right; audit annually to ensure that accurate,
up to date information is
- filed appropriately.
- Create the client calendar on an annual basis for each client
in the book of business and
- maintain in Image Right.
- Create the annual "client renewal letter" for each client in
the book of business and
- maintain in Image Right.
- Ensure that fee agreements and/or disclosures are released on a
timely basis; maintain in
- Image Right.
- Update Benefit Point when changes are made including, but not
limited to: rates, plan
- designs, vendors, commissions, contacts.
- Answer or get assistance to answer client questions on a
variety of benefit topics including,
- but not limited to: coverage clarification, plan structure,
rates, claims and billing,
- compliance questions and others.
- Review Summaries of Benefits Coverage (SBC), Summary Plan
Documents (SPD), and other
- benefit plan materials for accuracy for all lines of coverage
for each client in the book of
- Manage interactions with carriers to ensure that required data
is received on a timely basis Work with internal service teams
(wellness, communications and compliance, member advocacy) on
- Assist with the preparation of client work products including
but not limited to: gathering
- and comparing benchmarking data for client presentations,
assisting the Associate/Senior
- Associate Consultant in collecting data for RFPs, tracking RFP
responses, acting on
- awarded RFPs, updating and peer reviewing presentations for
clients before final review
- by consultants or Practice Leaders and collection of Schedules
required for 5500 filings.
- Attend client meetings as appropriate.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and carrier programs as
suggested by management.
- Perform other tasks, duties and functions as assigned from time
to time in the routine client
- management process.
- Work independently on special projects related to client facing
or departmental tasks.Requirements
- College degree required with a major or minor in Risk
Management or HR strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Health and Benefits
- Life and Health License preferred.
- Exceptional organization and client service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels
of an organization and adapt
- communication approach to the specific client, consultant,
vendor, carrier or other business partners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
required.Specialized Knowledge or LicensesLife and Health License
preferredConner Strong & Buckelew is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, ancestry, nationality, age,disability (physical or
mental), marital or domestic partnership or Civil Union status,
pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, atypical
cellular or blood trait, military service or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: Conner Strong & Buckelew, Camden , Employee Benefits Specialist, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!