ShopRite - Night Crew Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Location: Rio Grande
Posted on: June 21, 2022
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while safely and efficiently
unloading and processing the delivery in the Grocery Department; to
maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to
perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner,
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
* Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the
Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These
functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing,
storing, price marking, arranging, and restocking products to
ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Unload and secure received product in appropriate storage areas
using power or hand jack, carts,
* U-boats or bossies as needed.
* Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or as
assigned. Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively
signed to stimulate sales. Handle all product not worked to the
shelf according to department standards.
* Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product in
stock, including using handheld terminal.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including
sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and refuse as needed,
* Operate a baler or compactor.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Night Crew operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25
lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Grocery Department
that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand in designated work area for duration of scheduled shift,
which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to
* Follow Company procedure for reclamation, disposal of cardboard,
* Maintain communication within the Department and Company.
* Assist Department Manager as needed.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
* Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
* Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company
policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable
items, and sell by date.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly;
report any failure immediately (where applicable).
* Be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report
any equipment problems immediately.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential
job functions and general nature of the work being performed and
are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required
to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and to require Associates to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations, or the work environment change. This job
description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Camden , ShopRite - Night Crew Clerk, Other , Rio Grande, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!