Seasonal TSS Stores
Location: Mays Landing
Posted on: September 21, 2022
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us
create an experience that makes guests say, "I love Target!" When
you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in
everyday life. You're working alongside an enthusiastic, dedicated
team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You
will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe
and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks
in order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
Assets Protection (AP teams function to provide a safe and secure
environment for our team members and guests, and meet financial
goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams
will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and
responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and
creating awareness and educating team members on operational
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful
experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Target Security Specialist can provide you with
- Skills using intelligence-led tactics to keep team members and
guests safe and secure
- Experience in crisis response, safety and crowd management;
providing support to both guests and team members
- Skills in de-escalation as well as experience with recovering
stolen merchandise to prevent shortage
- Ability to utilize Target's video surveillance system
- Ability to properly document cases using industry case
As a Target Security Specialist, no two days are ever the same, but
a typical day will most likely include the following
- Welcome and engage guests and team members at the front of the
store, while ensuring adherence to the store specific mask and
guest capacity policies.
- Lead a safety culture for our team members and guests by
assessing and maintaining safety standards at the front of store,
including exterior property (parking lots).
- Respond to and accurately document security incidents.
- Understand and leverage escalation tools for guest issues in
order to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members
- Submit appropriate documentation in the system for all
incidents following AP policy and procedures.
- Understand and appropriately use the video system.
- Model working safely while maintaining a clean store for guests
and team members.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you
excited.... We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE
TARGET! excites you.... That's why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your
thing... That's the core of what we do.
- You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at
a computer all day... We are busy all day (especially on the
weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help
teach you everything you need to know to be a Target Security
Specialist. But there are a few skills you should have from the
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team
- Effective communication skills
- Work both independently and with a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we
want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we
- Climb up and down ladders
- Apprehend subjects in accordance with company policy
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely,
including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays)
and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified
sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the
application process upon your request as required to comply with
applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in
this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or
Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at
1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Keywords: Target, Camden , Seasonal TSS Stores, Other , Mays Landing, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!