Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room- Ambulatory Surgery
Location: Spring Glen
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room- Ambulatory
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Outpatient Surgery Team
Date Posted: 06/17/2022
Job ID: R-33621
Job SummaryProvides care to patients undergoing surgery by
assisting with patient preparation and by circulating for various
- Coordinates room schedule and arrival of the patient in the
- Communicates with family representatives to allay
- Directs and coordinates nursing activities within assigned
- Supervises and assists operative teams in aseptic
- Follows surgical procedures to anticipate needs of
- Observes, interprets, documents and reports signs indicative of
changes in patient's condition when patient receives local
- Supervises ancillary personnel.
- Maintains compliance with safety and preventative maintenance
activities for all medicine and technical advanced equipment to
minimize failures and unsafe conditions.
- Cleans, sterilizes and prepares instruments, as needed,
according to established protocols to ensure required levels of
asepsis and availability.
- Provide for accurate care and handling of specimens and
- Assures proper handling of contaminated material.
- Counts sponges, needles and instruments, per policy.
- Assists in the cleaning and preparation of the OR between
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of an
effective quality improvement program.
- Safeguards patient from dangers and hazards.
- Operates sterilizers as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with the system policies and procedures,
all nursing standards of care and practice, to include all
regulatory agency requirementsWork is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
- Hours: -Dayshift- 7a-3:30p or 8a-4:30p
- Weekends: None
- On-Call: None
- Travel: -None
- Preferred Experience: OR experience is strongly
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare
benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental
coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you'll also receive
care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the
country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a
variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex
spouses, domestic partners and their children and
- Paid Time Off: -Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you
to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and
reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and
- Diversity and Inclusion: -We strive to create an environment
where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their
most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource
Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger
employees to build internal and external networks and further
develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities
but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: -We
offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate
degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only).
- Retirement: We contribute 5% of your salary to your retirement
plan and offer auto-enrollment to make saving convenient for
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Camden , Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room- Ambulatory Surgery, Other , Spring Glen, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!