Specialist Engineer, Analysis/Systems Engineering (Statistician)
Company: Aerojet Rocketdyne
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense
leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile
defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers
throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete
line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense,
and advanced hypersonic propulsion. - Visit our website at
www.rocket.com for more information on how our employees Power the
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Specialist Engineer (Specialist
Statistician) to work at either our Camden, AR or Huntsville, AL
location. This position will entail applying statistics methods to
a diverse product line.
The Statistician will work with other statisticians, engineers, and
managers to provide statistics knowledge for diverse engineering,
operations, and business applications at Aerojet Rocketdyne.
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring Company Culture - Our people support each other and
work together to leave an indelible impact -on our nation's
aerospace and defense legacy. Read more about our culture: Careers
- Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Rest and Relaxation -- 3 weeks of vacation to start plus
separate sick allowance. 9/80 schedule providing for longer
weekends. Annual week-long holiday company closure, plus company
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health
Savings Accounts, and Wellness
- Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
- Professional Development - Tuition assistance program, Employee
recognition program, and Leadership development program
- Employee Resource Groups - Local and Enterprise employee-led
volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to
support a culture where everyone belongs. -
This position may be filled at the level posted or at the next
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Under limited general supervision, the Senior Statistician will
collaborate with other statisticians, engineers, and managers to
provide statistics knowledge for diverse engineering, operations,
and business applications at Aerojet Rocketdyne.
80% - Statistical Consulting and Analysis:
- Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts to
support development and production processes.
- Utilize appropriate statistical data analysis, predictive
modeling, and simulation tools to assist technical decision making
and anomaly resolution, including Bayesian methods.
- Support development and implementation of statistical quality
control methods for application to operations.
- Provide sampling recommendations, develop experimental designs
and conduct analysis to support engineering product development and
enterprise process improvement activities.
- Provide statistical knowledge in support of reliability and
risk assessment activities and business decision analysis.
15% - Discipline Advancement:
- Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts on
solutions to large, complex technical and project management
- Research potential applications of advanced statistical
- Develop new applications of existing statistical tools and
techniques to apply to key focus areas.
- Support implementation of developed solutions.
- Develop and update relevant procedures and standard work in the
area of statistical analysis methods.
5% - Statistical Training and Education:
- Create and improve statistical training materials and deliver
training sessions directed to engineering and production
applications of statistical methods.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least (nine) 9 years of related
experience (or an equivalent combination of education and
experience) or Master's with 7 years experience. Masters degree is
- Solid academic and professional track record of accomplishment
expected, along with excellent communication and problem-solving
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with little
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork skills are a must.
- Must have experience with SAS or other statistical software
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at
the appropriate level. - Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent
Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy
federal government requirements for access to government
information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from
being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a
standard office setting and to use standard office equipment,
including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to
detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull
up to 25 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping,
crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and
a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person
and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or
auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as
safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be
expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful
operation of activities in the organization.
Keywords: Aerojet Rocketdyne, Camden , Specialist Engineer, Analysis/Systems Engineering (Statistician), Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!