SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Company: Hard Rock Hotels
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Sr Systems Engineer's role is to design, install, administer,
and optimize company servers, storage technologies and related
components to achieve high performance of the various business
applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary. This
includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications,
configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and
procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. The
position stages, maintains multiple environments or version of
applications, and assists with the integration of new technology
into the existing infrastructure required to support the
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations; architect
the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server
systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as
- Creates sketches, drawings and schematics to clarify design
details and functional criteria for Lab and Production computer and
communication systems hardware and operating software.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as
they relate to the client/server environment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business
application, and database administration function to ensure
availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to
meet business demands.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies
(including firewalls) to ensure server security.
- Design, implement and maintain a consistent backup and disaster
- Check help desk database for entries on server and server
resource issues; prioritize and respond to help desk tickets as
- Serve as cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide
timely response to customer escalations.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and
perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance
statistics and reports.
- Create shell scripts as required.
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in
order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and maintain training materials and server
- Prepares equipment and documentation for Change Management
approval for promotion into the Production environment.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and
responsible alcohol service by -discreetly notifying appropriate
managers of concerns and observations.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company's
Mission and Values.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to managers and/or the
Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent
training and experience is required.
- At least five years' equivalent work experience in a technical
analytical position responsible for managing server
- Project management skills a definite asset.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Advanced knowledge and a minimum of two years' experience of
storage technologies such as SAN or NAS.
- Five or more years of experience and demonstrated proficiency
with Microsoft operating systems, Power shell scripting, SQL Server
environment, and VMWare.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft O365 and
SharePoint is desired
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded
and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors
including, but not limited to, secondhand smoke, excessive noise
and constant exposure to general public. -
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English,
specific to position duties and responsibilities.
DISCLAIMER:This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
requirements and skills. Management reserves the right to revise
the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed
when circumstances arise.
Keywords: Hard Rock Hotels, Camden , SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER, Other , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!