Population Care Coordinator
Company: Cooper University Health Care
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About usAt Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to
providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our
extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical
innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities,
equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a
commitment to its employees by providing competitive rates and
compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs,
attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore
a career opportunity by offering professional development.
-Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of
choice in South Jersey. - Short Description Support and
participates in the Patient-centered Medical Home (PCMH) concepts
of care coordination and team- based care. Assess, plan, implement,
coordinate, monitor and evaluate healthcare options and services
with the goal of increasing the likelihood of improvement to the
health status of identified populations across the continuum.
- Follow established PCC workflow for utilization and
- Participate in PCMH activities which include but are not
limited to: hospital discharge follow-up, care planning,
coordination of services, and communication between care
- Collaborate with patient's medical/health and community-based
providers to establish mutual goal-setting including patients and
their families/caregivers, utilizing self-management tools.
- Provide outreach, care management and education for disease
self-management per patient centered goals.
- Identify, document, and mitigate patient barriers to improved
- Monitor and evaluate the services and community based resources
necessary to respond to the individual member's health needs.
- Provides telephonic and or in-practice outreach, disease
management and/or case management, education, and other clinically
based activities for target populations.
- Conduct assessments, develop nursing treatment plans and
interventions and set goals for treatment plans/behavioral
modifications within the scope of licensure in collaboration with
other care providers.
- Assists physicians and other team members in developing and
implementing evidence based practices and care plans for target
- Collect data on quality metrics and track as required for
- Participate in process/quality improvement initiatives to
achieve targets as defined by organizational/department goals and
objectives.Experience Required5 years or more clinical experience,
Experience in primary care, population or case management
preferredEducation RequirementsCurrent NJ RN LicenseSpecial
Requirements.Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and
time management skills. Knowledge of disease management, expected
treatments, and discharge planning. Commitment to patient advocacy,
with the ability to work independently and make sound clinical
Keywords: Cooper University Health Care, Camden , Population Care Coordinator, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!