Company: Eagleview Health & Rehabilitation
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Eagleview Health & Rehabilitation - Now Hiring Dietary Aides
The Dietary Aide is responsible for assisting in food preparation
and serving of foods in accordance with planned menus, established
portion control procedures, and all applicable federal, state, and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations. He/she will help to
ensure that the highest level of quality food products are
delivered and maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DIETARY AIDE
- Adheres to all nutrition therapy and dietary services programs
including: Eagleview Health Rehab Dining Services menus and diet
manual, nutrition and dining services policies and procedures, and
internal nutrition programs.
- Assists in preparing and serving of meals and snacks timely and
in accordance with standardized recipes and therapeutic diet
orders. Makes only authorized food substitutions.
- Monitors and documents food temperatures daily as required by
Eagleview Health Rehab policy and procedure, and all applicable
federal state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures appropriate dietary utensils and equipment are provided
with residents' trays.
- Assists with daily or scheduled cleaning duties in the dietary
department and performs all tasks in accordance with established
sanitary, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Monitors walk-in refrigerators and freezer temperatures daily
as required by Eagleview Health Rehab - policy and procedure, and
all applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and
- Assists in identifying and storing incoming foods, supplies and
equipment. Recommends to Food Services Director the equipment and
supply needs of the department.
- Participates in the Continuous Corporate Quality Improvement
Program to enhance the quality of resident care in accordance with
current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern long term
- Attends and participates in facility training sessions,
workshops, seminars, etc. to keep self abreast of current changes
in the dining services field.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and treats residents with
dignity, kindness, and respect.
General Dietary Aide Responsibilities
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner
following all standard infection control, sanitation, and proper
food handling practices and safety guidelines for equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work
assignments as defined by departmental and organizational
- Represents Eagleview Health Rehab Dining Services and the
entire Dietary Department in a manner that conveys professionalism,
confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and
respect for others.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School education or equivalent
- Previous dining/dietary services experience in a hospital,
skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a positive attitude towards the elderly
- Must be able to work independently as needed: make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely
fashion, manage time in an appropriate fashion, deal tactfully with
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English
- Must possess basic mathematics skills as it relates to patient
care and food services
Keywords: Eagleview Health & Rehabilitation, Camden , Dietary Aide, Other , Elmer, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...