ActioNet, Inc. Careers - Storage and Linux Server Administration
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: March 16, 2023
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Storage and Linux Server Administrator requiring a Public Trust clearance located in Egg Harbor, NJ. ActioNet is an IT/Cyber service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will be responsible of administering Linux system as well as storage solutions supporting DevOps projects. The position is currently hybrid, onsite and remote, and subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Administer, operate, and maintain specified functions in the enterprise data center.
* Perform infrastructure upgrades and improve physical and virtual storage systems.
* Perform infrastructure upgrades and improve physical and virtual servers.
* Assist with capacity analysis and planning.
* Perform storage system administrator and hardware maintenance functions.
* Perform Linux server administrator functions.
* Support weekend maintenance windows as needed.
* Participate in the development of system designs, implementation tasks, and maintenance of systems.
* Update server documentation, configuration, and related processes as needed.
* Perform server troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common hardware and operating system issues.
* Provide Tier III support for data centers.
* Perform emergency break/fix repairs.
* Strong virtualization skills - VMWare experience preferred. Experience with Zen, HyperV, or AHV acceptable.
* Experience Linux and Windows clusters storage. Specifically experience with providing storage to SQL database and Oracle RAC clusters.
* Experience with SAN(Storage Area Network) experience with block-level storage.
* Experience in fibre-channel zoning preferred. Block-level storage of EMC/Dell preferred. IBM, Hitachi, and/or NetApp acceptable.
* Experience with NAS(Network Attached Storage) experience. Isilon preferred. NetApp experience or other NAS experience acceptable.
* Experience with general networking. Cisco routers, switches and VLAN architecture.
* Experience with HyperConverged systems preferred. VMWare on Nutanix preferred, other systems acceptable.
* Experience with encryption and Key Management systems preferred.
* Experience racking and stacking equipment and willingness to perform this task.
* Experience managing Linux servers; RedHat Linux 6 and up.
* Desired experience with DevOps tools, processes and procedures, e.g., Ansible, Terraform.
* Experience with VMware virtual deployments of Linux OS.
* Experience performing physical to virtual (P2V) migrations for servers.
* Basic experience with Powershell Scripting and PowerCLI.
* Good written and communication skills.
* Ability to adhere to maintenance windows and change control procedures.
* Self-motivated to take ownership of projects.
* Experience tracking and resolving incidents via ticket queue.
* Bachelor's degree in IT or related field and 3 years of IT experience, or 8 years of IT experience.
* Desired experience with one of the following (Nutanix, Avamar, or Isilon environments)
* Experience collaborating with peer and client teams.
* Desired experience using Tanium.
* Experience working in a hybrid model, remotely and onsite.
* Desired experience using a Helpdesk system - BMC Remedy, or ServiceNow.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
* We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
* We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
* We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: ActioNet, Camden , ActioNet, Inc. Careers - Storage and Linux Server Administration, Other , Atlantic City, New Jersey
here to apply!