Bilingual School Social Worker
Company: Camden's Charter School Network
Posted on: July 11, 2018
Bilingual School Social WorkerLocationCamden, NJJob TypeFull-timeSalarySalary: $43,000.00 to $60,000.00 /yearThe Social Worker is directly responsible for improving the academic performance and behavioral functioning of the school's at-risk students through counseling, home visits, direct intervention, and teacher consultation. The Social Worker is also responsible for providing services for students in need of immediate crisis intervention. The Social Worker reports to the Assistant Principal of Specialized Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with students and families to support students' behavioral and academic success. Setting ambitious goals for improvement for students and implementing whatever interventions are necessary to help students meet those goals.
- Handling behavioral health crises that take place in the school.
- Managing child abuse reporting for the school and communication with the Department of Human Services.
- Serving as the school's primary liaison with outside agencies and providers.
- Serving students who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Serving homeless students.
- Conducting home visits that support parents and families.
- Coordinating the school's student assistance program and other school-wide student supports.
- Tracking data on student supports and crisis situations.
- Conducting specialized individual and group counseling services to address specific emotional, social, and behavioral needs of students and improves their outcomes in the classroom.
- Being a visible resource to at-risk students throughout the day.
- Maintaining professional documentation of services and referrals provided to students and families.
- Any other duties commensurate with the duties/responsibilities/grade of the post
- LSW in NJ with at least two years of experience serving as a child or adolescent social worker. LCSW preferred
- Ability to work well on a multidisciplinary team
- Strong leadership skills
- Excels in problem solving, has a sense of humor, and has a desire to provide only the highest quality services
- Explicit and relentless focus on outcomes
- Experience working as a school social worker highly desirable but not required
- Experience in urban education highly desirable but not required
- Bilingual English and Spanish required
Education and Experience:
- MSW in Social Work required.
- NJ Licensure as a LSW or LCSW required
- New Jersey School Social Work Certification
Posted 14 days ago
Keywords: Camden's Charter School Network, Camden, Bilingual School Social Worker, Other, Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!