Service Coordinator - CHC
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Job Brief Service Coordinator with Bachelors degree in Social Work,
Psychology or related field. No work experience required Your
career starts now. We're looking for the next generation of health
care leaders. At AmeriHealth Caritas, we're passionate about
helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities.
As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer
our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of
people through our national footprint of products, services and
award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented,
passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build
healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we'd like
to hear from you. Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth
Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of
experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those
who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products,
pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services,
behavioral health services, and other administrative services.
Discover more about us at . The CHC Service Coordinator assists
participants in obtaining the services they need as required by the
Community Health Choices agreement. The Service Coordinator
contributes to the care coordination process by performing
telephonic and/or face-to-face assessments for the identification,
evaluation, coordination and management of participant's needs,
including physical health, behavioral health, social services and
long term services and supports. Key Accountabilities and
- Lead the participant-centered planning and service (PCPS)
delivery process and oversee its implementation.
- Identify, coordinate, and assist participants in gaining access
to needed LTSS services and other Covered Services, as well as
non-covered medical, social, housing, educational, and other
services and supports.
- Provides information to participants and facilitates access to,
locating, coordinating, and monitoring needed services and supports
- Informs participants about available required needs
assessments, the PCSP process, service alternatives and service
- Informs participants of their rights and assists with the
complaint, grievance, and DHS Fair Hearing process.
- Collects additional necessary information, including
participant preferences, strengths, and goals to inform the
development of the PCSP.
- Conducts reevaluation of level of care annually or more
frequently as needed in accordance with CHC requirements.
- Works with the participant to complete activities necessary to
maintain eligibility Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in social work, psychology or related
- Valid drivers license is required, this is a field based role
with local travel required
- Practicum or internship in human service fields preferred
- Experience working in human services fields with people with
disabilities or seniors preferred
- Knowledge of the home and community-based service system and
how to access and arrange for services desirable
- Cultural competency and the ability to provide informed
advocacy;Ability to interact with health care professionals in a
- Field based position, local travel required #SP2 Back Share
Keywords: Amerihealth, Camden , Service Coordinator - CHC, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!