Company: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc.
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: As the Operations
Director, working with and under the direction of the General
Manager, you will ensure efficient and effective operations of the
center while maintaining positive and productive relationships with
vendors, tenants, shoppers and the local community. Understanding
operational methods and the need to increase profitability, you
will keep common area costs under control ultimately helping make
Tanger a First Choice destination and best in class shopping
experience. In this role, you are a team leader, role model, and
overall business manager. You're a critical thinker who supports
strategies and processes using a customer-centric mindset. Income
producing activities are key to your role as you operate a clean,
well maintained, attractive, well-lit and safe outlet center. We
will look to you to champion improvements, tackle problems, and
demonstrate leadership. If you are an enthusiastic individual who
thrives in a challenging, forward thinking, and fast-pace team
environment, then this is the job for you. Tanger Outlets offers a
dynamic learning environment with opportunities to advance and
learn alongside accomplished business leaders.-- We offer excellent
benefits for our full-time team members, to list a few:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with generous match
- Paid PTO, Holidays and Bereavement Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives How can you contribute to what we do?
- In this role you will have overall accountability for the
operations of the shopping center, have a thorough understanding
of, and ability to manage mechanical systems, construction
practices, preventative maintenance and government
- You will administer the physical operations of the center,
oversee general and preventative property maintenance, construction
coordination, public safety, housekeeping and other contracted
- With a forward thinking approach, you will assist the General
Manager in developing a comprehensive strategic business plan,
budget, and 5 year capital plan that maximizes property NOI and
enhances the real estate asset. Being sure to provide frequent
updates to the GM, you will complete monthly financial forecasts
managing real time revenue and expense positions,
- Using your strong project management skills, you will forecast
property expenses, manage capital projects, prepare operational
reports, assist with specialty leasing and marketing programs, and
identify and resolve HR issues in conjunction with company policies
and under direction of the GM. This position will focus on fine
tuning operational methods for the center while improving Net
Operating Income (NOI) and maintaining Tanger's high standards of
performance at the property.
- You will actively participate in and maximize profit center
performance related to Short Term Leasing, Fixed CAM, Utilities,
Waste Handling and Parking Services as applicable.
- Understanding the operation and maintenance of all systems
(including, but not limited to lighting controls, electrical,
irrigation controls, alarm, solar, etc.), you will provide training
to the team at site/center and other centers as assigned.
- It is up to you to ensure restrooms, common areas and grounds
are maintained within acceptable standards and provide additional
training/guidance as required.
- You are responsible for leading procurement initiatives and
reviewing associated invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Using your operational expertise, you will support enterprise
initiatives related to sustainability efforts in reducing center's
carbon footprint. Continually evaluating any potential rebate
programs, you will maximize energy efficiency programs.
- You will insure smooth and timely completion of any and all
construction related projects, warranty items, and tenant
construction issues by collaborating with the Tanger Construction
Department and Tenant Coordinator.
- You will assist centers of like size and geographic area with
Capital Projects, Operational Service Agreements, and Innovative
Best Practices when assigned. This includes working with the
management team to review of scopes, bids, contracts, and
timelines. You will participate in walk throughs/inspections and
assist the onsite team in tracking projects in project management
- Ensuring quality, competency and efficient operation within
budget, you will employ and monitor performance of vendors and
- Maintaining a preventative maintenance checklist for property
repairs you will develop ongoing training programs for efficient
and effective cleaning and maintenance procedures both at the site
and at other centers as assigned.
- We will look to you to develop and maintain routine inspection
and repair programs for major structural repairs such as roof
systems, asphalt systems, sidewalks, etc. both at the site and at
other centers as assigned. You will develop an effective
landscaping program and ensure all tenants adhere to maintenance
policies regarding HVAC equipment.
- It will be up to you to respond to all operational emergencies
and manage operations during crisis situations. You will monitor
the property for safety violations and potential safety concerns,
enforce security/safety policies and procedures, monitor and
maintain all fire suppression systems, fire alarm and burglar alarm
systems, and work with law enforcement agencies to ensure a safe
shopping and work environment.
- Keeping safety of shoppers and employees at the forefront of
your mind, you will ensure compliance with all Tanger Hazard
Prevention and risk mitigation policies and programs, develop and
maintain traffic control systems, and develop and maintain
effective OSHA compliance programs.
- Customer-centric and community oriented, you exhibit a positive
attitude and enthusiastically share the excitement of Tanger
Outlets with shoppers, vendors, and our retailers. You will visit
and communicate with each store on a regular basis, participate and
assist in scheduled managers' meetings, and represent Tanger at
community events and professional organizations.
- You will support the center's holiday activities, special
events, programs, and short-term leasing, etc.
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained and tenants are
pleased with appearance of the center, you will assist store
management with any facility related problems.
- You will take an active role in weekly meetings with management
and staff and in conjunction with the GM, develop effective
employee training and team building programs. Partnering with the
Human Resources Department, you will assist the GM with compliance
of all HR policies and procedures. What skills are necessary for
- You naturally use independent judgment, critical thinking and
prioritization to understand changing business needs.
- You possess the ability to identify areas of ambiguity and
think strategically to make decisions within established policies
- You have management/supervisory experience and demonstrated
leadership capacity, including the ability to mentor, influence and
- You are an exceptional communicator with a passion for people
with strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working in a
team-oriented environment. Building team relationships to increase
performance, cohesion, and engagement is important to you.
- With a strong focus on innovation, you can identify
underperforming metrics and inefficient processes, and develop
strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to
improve and grow sales and traffic.
- You will provide support with tenant visits, market analysis,
and tenant turnover. You are able to support tenant build outs,
expansions and capital projects, and easily set priority of repairs
for approved projects.
- You are comfortable negotiating contracts and overseeing
performance of independent contractors and vendors to ensure
competency and efficient operation within budget.
- Because you easily relate to others, you can be trusted to
build relationships with tenants. You are comfortable overseeing
adherence to lease covenants (hours of operation, HVAC maintenance,
window signage, and store cleanliness).
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills are
strong for you and you can prioritize and manage multiple
high-level projects with timelines.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
able to quickly learn Tanger systems.
- Working a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs,
including holidays, is no problem.
- Your education and experience include: A bachelor's degree in
business or related discipline and 5-7 years of operations
management experience. Experience in commercial real estate or a
retail environment is preferred.
- You are able to travel via commercial airlines and maintain a
valid driver's license to operate your own vehicle or rental car in
a safe manner. This position requires up to 15% travel. Who will
you work with?
- Your role includes working with RVP-Operations, Leasing
department, Construction department, Accounting department,
management teams, maintenance teams, tenants, and shoppers. You
will collaborate with your team as well as corporate office staff
located at our headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina. Partner
with Tanger Outlets and be a part of our extraordinary team! Tanger
Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT) is a leading operator of
upscale open-air outlet centers that owns, or has an ownership
interest in, a portfolio of 37 centers. Tanger's operating
properties are located in 20 states and in Canada, totaling
approximately 13.7 million square feet, leased to over 2,600 stores
operated by more than 500 different brand name companies. The
Company has more than 40 years of experience in the outlet industry
and is a publicly-traded REIT. For more information on Tanger
Outlet Centers, call 1-800-4TANGER or visit the Company's website
at www.tangeroutlets.com . Tanger Outlets has a fast-paced,
entrepreneurial culture that values a diverse workforce. With an
emphasis on diversity, Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications,
merit, and business need. E-Verify -- is a registered trademark of
the U.S. Department of Homeland Security EOE. Drug Free Workplace.
A background check will be conducted for this position. Tanger
Management, LLC participates in E-verify.
Keywords: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc., Camden , Operations Director, Professions , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!