Senior Operations Supervisor - Transportation
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Senior Operations Supervisor - Transportation (Supply
Chain/Logistics)(Job Number: 2214997)
We are seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills
to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. The
chosen candidate will provide operational leadership to front-line
support roles and individual contributors, to ensure the execution
of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries,
loading/unloading of trailers, and customer service operations in a
manner consistent with company services and cost objectives.
This role supervises most processes directly including workforce
and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action
and disciplinary decisions, being involved in the hiring process,
and customer meetings as necessary. Reviews truck runs based on
location of accounts, volume, costs, customer requirements and
fleet utilization. Typical week is Mon Fri, 5:30am start;
occasional weekend coverage
Competitive Salary and up to 12% Bonus Eligible
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in
alignment with the location safety strategy, Provide associates
with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure
safe performance, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory
agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, including
but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and
- Communicate performance standards that are specific and
measurable. Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance
markers and provide counseling and/or recognition to associates as
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service,
freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation
and procedure control, Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred
work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse
operations. Assist in new associate training, Have a thorough
working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to
ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution,
Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate
- Schedule drivers and vehicles in support of customer
- Manage the utilization of equipment
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives,
Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them
meet their objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from
Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Maintain relationships with the customers and vendors and
address customer s complaints
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of
fleet/warehouse equipment, Work with hourly associates to ensure
they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2 - 4 years related functional experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific
location required, complete Penske employment application, submit
to a background investigation (to include past employment,
education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Camden , Senior Operations Supervisor - Transportation, Professions , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!