Senior Demand Planner (Hybrid role)
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a
difference.General SummaryThe Senior Demand Planner creates,
reviews, publishes, and refines demand forecasts across multiple
hierarchies to deliver high-quality and consistently improving
demand projections to ensure the right product, at the right place,
at the right time. This role supports the demand steps within the
IBP process and collects input from cross-functional partners such
as sales, marketing, finance, consumer and customer Insights
(CCID), and commercialization to achieve world class forecast
accuracy and bias which supports a coordinated service level and
inventory strategy with supply planning.The Sr. Demand Planner has
product line responsibility for multiple Brands within the business
unit that s/he supports. The duties include: working with
marketing, sales, and logistics to understand the drivers of demand
and forecasting implications of activities, working with the Supply
and Procurement teams to support case fill and inventory
objectives, as well as, to bring visibility to long term forecasts
for capacity, raw material and commodity procurement, and playing a
support role to develop and execute the strategic direction for
objectives in improving forecast accuracy and bias.Primary
- Supports the monthly forecasting process for several product
lines within the business unit s/he supports aimed at delivering
high-quality and consistently improving demand visibility to ensure
the right product, at the right place, at the right time. Manages
the forecasting performance review process by monitoring forecast
metrics and adjusting statistical models and market intelligence
accordingly. Collects market intelligence (customer events, pricing
actions, competitive insights) from cross functional participants
and leverages judgement to improve forecasts accordingly.
- Creates statistical forecasts for Brands that fall under the
rigorous IBP process and supports the Demand Step of the Integrated
Business Planning (IBP) process by delivering monthly consensus
forecasts within the business unit s/he supports, as well as,
supports the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
Develops and ensures compliance with common templates for key
stakeholders within IBP process.
- Coordinates the inter-functional resolution of day to day
challenges related to demand and supply discrepancies and plays a
role in ensuring that there is effective "lessons learned"
documentation. Ensures that significant unexpected out of stock
situations are reviewed and resolved with participation from key
functional areas. Ensures that action plans on key day to day
exceptions situations are communicated to appropriate
- Supports process improvement projects in partnership with the
Center of Excellence to improve forecast accuracy and bias results.
Maintains and enhances process documentation.
- Lead key strategic initiatives or projects individually or on
- Develops forecasts for new items with key cross-functional
inputs and collaborates with Supply Planners to develop and execute
strategies for new items and items to be transitioned or
- Extracts data and reports from various sources to support team
needs, including the monthly IBP cycle and performs data analysis
to support brand/channel forecasting needs.
- Maintains superior data quality by ensuring that the data
sources (Sales, IT, and Financial systems) are under control and in
a continuous improvement stage. Ensures that planning software
interfaces and parameters maintenance have been documented and
reasonable processes developed. Administers appropriate product,
customer, and location hierarchy as well as other forecasting model
- Develops item, location, weekly forecasts for a 24 month
rolling horizon for a subset of categories using historical trends,
customer intelligence, and other demand drivers which provides a
signal for the broader organization.
- Addresses planning/forecasting related issues that the
manufacturing plants or stakeholders bring to the table, evaluating
the problems, and finding the best course of action.
- Minimizes inconsistencies in information as this position works
between and within numerous platforms to obtain all required
information to manage the business, e.g., SAP, Terra Technology,
WMS, and various reporting tools.
- Supports the organization to Best-in-Class IBP standards that
are benchmarkable against world class companies.
- Drive collaboration and consensus with a diverse set of
internal stakeholders to create quality decisions with unbiased
direction on specific business units/ brands.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required. Business/Supply Chain discipline or
related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in supply chain planning or comparable
analytical role required.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel. MS Access
skills or aptitude to quickly learn is important.
- SAP APO, or other Supply Chain planning software experience
- Familiarity with and experience extracting information from
syndicated data (ie IRi) preferred
- Ability to make assumptions and defend themKnowledge, Skills &
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross functional
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.Working Conditions
- Normal office environment with expected travel less than
10%.The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and
employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click for additional
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Camden , Senior Demand Planner (Hybrid role), Professions , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!