Laboratory Technician (Textiles)
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Company Description SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services. Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential. Job
Description As the Laboratory Technician, you will perform
performance, chemical, and physical testing of samples such as
fabrics, garments, accessories, and other soft goods among others
to determine performance properties as well as other
characteristics. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Perform routine laboratory testing, following the relevant
company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and methods.
Validate performance on methods as required.
- Test to applicable standards (ASTM, CSPA, ISO, SSC, etc.) and
- Determines the type of testing based on the appropriate
guidelines and regulations.
- Accurately complete and maintain all laboratory reports.
- May also have prep or field responsibilities, as required by
business needs. -
- May be required to receive, sort, log client samples into the
database, and prepare sample labels.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly Quality Assurance/Quality
Control checks on equipment.
- Assist in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and
equipment necessary for the day-to-day functioning of the
laboratory and in compiling a list of supplies to be ordered when
- Assists in calibration/verification tasks and other ISO 17025
related activities. -
- Ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for
tasks is worn at all times.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Required: -
- Associates degree in a related scientific field
- 3+ years working in a lab setting with experience following
strict safety standards, or equivalent education and experience -
- -Degree in Textiles or related science Additional Information
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire,
train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law. To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. If
you are applying for a position within the United States and you
have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this
phone number is not for general employment information but is only
for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Camden , Laboratory Technician (Textiles), Professions , Millville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!