Critical Care Technician
Company: Cooper University Health Care
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About usAt Cooper University Health Care, our commitment to
providing extraordinary health care begins with our team. Our
extraordinary professionals are continuously discovering clinical
innovations and enhanced access to the most up-to-date facilities,
equipment, technologies and research protocols. We have a
commitment to our employees by providing competitive rates and
compensation, a comprehensive employee benefits programs,
attractive working conditions, and the chance to build and explore
a career opportunity by offering professional development.
-Discover why Cooper University Health Care is the employer of
choice in South Jersey. Short Description Under the direction of a
Registered Nurse (RN), assists with patients' activities of daily
living and plan of care. Communicates with and supports healthcare
team, patients and/or patient's family or significant other(s).
Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional
- Supports the activities of daily living to include bathing,
dressing, grooming, oral care, feeding, toileting/hygiene, and
assisting with mobility and transport. Demonstrates standard
precautions including the care of patients in isolation and safe
- Performs technical duties as directed by RN, such as
phlebotomy, vital signs, point of care testing, EKGs, Foley
catheter care specific to population served and documents
- Identifies and communicates changes in patient's status to RN
and responds appropriately. Demonstrates standard precautions
including the care of patients in isolation and safe patient
- Reinforces education of patient and family/responsible party
regarding individual care needs and safety issues.
- Participates in Cooper patient satisfaction initiatives and
goals. Participates in the performance improvement activities.
Assists in orientation of new hires.
- Completes annual unit-specific competencies by specified due
- Attends Staff Meetings when available for documents review of
staff meeting minutes.
- Assists in admission, transfers and discharges of patients to
and from the unit.Experience RequiredQualifications:
- Successful completion of an unlicensed health care provider/
- Completed at least one fundamental nursing course in an
accredited RN Program
- 1 year or more patient care experience in a similar role.At
least one of the above qualifications/certifications must be met
for hire. -Skills:
- Communication - Ability to communicate with patients, visitors
- Successful phlebotomy/EKG competency must be completed during
- High School /GED Required
Keywords: Cooper University Health Care, Camden , Critical Care Technician, Professions , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!