Plant Layout and Construction Designer Part Time
Company: L-3 Technologies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
L3Harris C5 Systems located in Camden, NJ is a recognized global
leader in the design, development and production of secure
integrated communication systems and products supporting
mission-critical space, ground, air and naval operations. L3Harris
is where employees have the opportunity to make a significant
impact in our business and the world around us while thriving in an
environment that continually fosters growth and career development.
We are committed to providing best-in-class solutions to our
customers with the highest level of integrity, excellence and
uncompromised quality in everything we do. L3Harris offers a
flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and
The Position - Plant Layout and Construction Designer Part Time -
Job Responsibilities/Workload includes, but is not limited to, the
- A&E/OPS bldg. floor plans, roof plans, and facility site
- A&E and OPS bldg., base building and fit out architectural,
mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and site drawings on CAD (a 28
year backlog), daily ongoing update effort which requires as-built
field surveys in order to capture and document the end result of
all the accumulated changes over the past twenty-eight years along
with the incorporation of work order drawing changes and Vendor
drawings (CAD files/hard copies).
- Fire alarm and security drawings updated as needed.
- Emergency exit drawings, (2) bldgs., all floors, review and
update to reflect/accommodate existing floor plan layouts.
- Area identification drawings, both bldgs., all floors, ongoing
update effort to reflect/accommodate existing floor plans.
- Landlord drawings, both bldgs., all floors, ongoing
- Creating, editing, and designing structural, electrical,
security, control drawings to meet specification utilizing
- Create original drawings from hand sketches.
- Review drawings to ensure adherence to established
specifications and standards.
- Responsible for cost estimating, plans and specifications for
development of new projects.
- Provide on-site construction management.
- Work with management to understand scope of work, site, and
- Provide drawing support to various departments within the
- Providing sketches/drawings for work orders.
- Floor space allocation dwgs and data base, update monthly
- Preliminary and proposed drawing support.
- Bills of materials and purchasing of materials support.
- Drawing support new construction projects.
- Drawing support for Webpage, HR, Security, ES&H, Art
department, ESD Maps.
- Maintain drawing files, both bldgs., all floors, site.
Perform duties/responsibilities of:
- Plotter maintenance.
- Ongoing effort to create and implement an in-house estimating
system using OTS Construction Software to better capture costs and
- Facilities Support- Advanced Level D
- Highly developed support- individual contributor
- Work on assignment requiring judgement and initiative
- Requires highly developed job knowledge and skills
- Work is structured within identified boundaries and
- Bachelors Degree(or equivalent work experience)
- U.S. Citizenship required
Keywords: L-3 Technologies, Camden , Plant Layout and Construction Designer Part Time, Professions , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!