Front Desk Agent- Courtyard Atlantic City
Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.The -Front Office
-Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and
efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their
stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants,
transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as
listed in the Red Book. -
- Be familiar with all in-house groups. -
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the
shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification
report, and housekeeping report.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift
according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer experience required.
- Customer Services experience preferred.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. For California
Applicants Only Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the
best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform
competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate
Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race
(including traits historically or culturally associated with race,
such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion
(including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40
and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical),
medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin
(including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's
license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle
Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender
expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status,
parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status,
pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or
pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military
status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal,
state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to
all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state
and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for
qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Camden , Front Desk Agent- Courtyard Atlantic City, Sales , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!