Sales Support Representative
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: Flowserve is seeking a motivated and resourceful Sales
Support Representative in our Bridgeport Quick Response Center to
respond to our customer inquiries regarding parts, pricing, repair
jobs, and service needs for our mechanical seals and supporting
equipment used in industrial settings including refineries,
chemical plants, and power companies. This successful candidate
will be able to work effectively with our extensive parts catalog,
drawings, and many other reference materials to quickly and
accurately support our customers. This position will work closely
with Sales Engineers and Application Engineers to satisfy our
customers needs. Flowserve offers competitive pay, annual bonuses,
medical benefits on day 1, generous paid vacation time, paid
holidays, pension plan, 401(k) and many other excellent benefits.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Respond to phone, fax, and email inquiries about pricing,
discounts, parts availability, order status, etc., with a solid
understanding of commercial terms, the terms of existing contracts,
and the process required to set up new accounts.
- Process orders, quotations, change orders, shipping modes, etc.
accurately and quickly. Demonstrated ability to expedite
- Resolve problems with the right level of initiative,
collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy the customer's requests
within the guidelines of published procedures.
- Help provide alternative options for supplying unavailable
products and services.
- Discuss and negotiate terms with customers, including
lead-times in accordance with operational capacity, delivery terms,
and payment terms. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the
customer and the Company so as to establish win-win agreements and
relationships. Review contracts.
- Resolve Accounts Receivable issues, with the ability to assert
specific terms and apply credits and discounts as required.
- Professionally communicate and collaborate daily with all
stakeholders, including customer, distributors, inventory and
Flowserve sales, regarding order status, delivery status, and
- Maintain current, accurate, organized records.
- Work as needed with sales and engineering information systems.
Obtain basic parts information from CAD drawings.
- Understand and comply with legal requirements (e.g., SOX,
Export Compliance, Terms and Conditions, ISO, FCPA, etc.)
- Follow Corporate guidelines regarding pricing of parts and
seals Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent amount
of experience, knowledge, and skills that will enable you to
perform the tasks of the job proficiently.
- Capable in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and
- Must project a strong customer focus, able to deal
diplomatically with customers and project a positive corporate
- Excellent organizational skills, able to establish priorities
and work to specific deadlines with little supervision.
- Must have an eye for detail, to properly identify customer
requirements and accurately enter information for operational
- Resourceful and motivated to make contacts in other Flowserve
organizations to get information and resolve issues.
- Pleasant, clear, and articulate speaking skills on the phone
and in person.
- Exhibit excellent writing skills with clarity, appropriate
tone, good organization and mechanics.
- Basic math understanding and skills. Preferred Experience /
- Prior seal knowledge is an asset
- 3-5 years of customer service experience is preferred Primary
Posting Location: Bridgeport, New Jersey US Job Advertising Title:
Sales Support Representative Job Posting Category: Sales Employment
Type: Full time Country: United States Auto req ID:
53723BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or
protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn
more.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Accessibility Process. id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Camden , Sales Support Representative, Sales , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!